Thursday, January 29, 2009

Bosch and Me




I am a tree

lost in a lost land of lossness

stuck into a boat

floating

growing

living

from the world below me

people reap my benefits

they climb me

they sit on my brother

his branches wilt

they take us with them


I'm tied all to everything

a web of rope leaping out from me

people and things all attached along them

a man tears me apart


at my base

a lady, a monk and several seamen

sing gentle songs

to a hanging bob

sitting neatly on the end of

one of my ropes

they push a table against me

perhaps they'll lower the bob down to it

eat it

sing of its taste

feed it to the

peoplefish

that swim along the hull of the boat


row along

searching for something

perhaps a place to stow 

the seaman

that another lady

prepares to beat


the ocean becomes grass

in the distance

a mountain looks down at us

it doesn't mind our

plight

only observes

No comments:

Post a Comment